What is an air conditioner? What should you look for in an air conditioner, when choosing a mini-split air conditioner. An air conditioner is an electrical appliance that is able to cool and heat your home. Deciding which air conditioner to buy can be a challenge considering that there are a lot of brands on the market. Below I have put three things that will help you to decide on which mini split air conditioner to install.
- 1 Buying guide for mini split air conditioner.
- 2 BTU
- 3 The number of zones.
- 4 Installation type.
- 5 Mr cool DIY 12000 BTU mini split AC heat pump with a smart controller.
- 6 What are the benefits of using Mr cool DIY 12000 BTU split heat pump?
- 7 Quick connect DIY installation.
- 8 Smartphone app.
- 9 Leakage detection.
- 10 Sleep mode.
- 11 Low ambient temperature.
- 12 Digital assistant ready
- 13 Gold fin condenser
- 14 Auto-restart
- 15 Mitsubishi,12000 BTU ductless mini-split heat pump.
- 16 The benefits of using this air conditioner.
- 17 Things to look out for in a mini-split air conditioner.
- 18 Benefits of using a mini-split air conditioning system.
- 19 Common air conditioning terms.
Buying guide for mini split air conditioner.
I have listed three main points to consider when shopping for an air conditioner.
- Number of cooling zones
- Installation type
BTU(British thermal unit) BTU is the unit of power. Depending on the size of the areas you want to cool, then you can choose a mini-split AC. The BTU is closely related to the size of the room that you want to cool. The larger the room, the more BTUs you will need. For a single zone, it’s easy because one outdoor unit is connected to one indoor unit.
The number of zones.
A zone is an area or a number of rooms that you want to either cool or heat. A single zone has one outdoor unit(condenser) connected to a single indoor unit(evaporator). While a multi-zone unit has either two indoor units, connected to a single outdoor unit.Or three to four indoor units connected to a single outdoor unit. The beauty with ductless mini-split air conditioners is that in a multi-zone system. All indoor units can be operated independently of each other.
There are two main types of installations available to you. You can either install the indoor unit on the wall or recessed suspended in the ceiling. Or it can be hidden in the ceiling. These are the three basic things you should consider before shopping for a mini-split air conditioner.
Mr cool DIY 12000 BTU mini split AC heat pump with a smart controller.
Mr cool mini split air conditioner and heat pump. It is fabricated with cutting edge technology, which makes it easier to deliver high-efficiency air comfort. Straight to your home and anywhere you need it. To have a feel of what Mr cool brings. Watch this video below.
What are the benefits of using Mr cool DIY 12000 BTU split heat pump?
- Quick connect easy DIY installation
- Leakage detection
- Low ambient cooling
- Sleep mode
- Gold fin compressor
- Digital assistance ready.
I know you may be asking what do these projected features do. Can they really help me to have a good user experience? Below I explain how each projected feature makes a good user experience for you.
Quick connect DIY installation.
This DIY air conditioner comes with a detailed installation manual. And it comes with a 25 feet refrigerant line set. This allows you to install this heat pump without any special tools, equipment, or training.
This is an enhanced feature that allows you to control your Mrcool DIY anywhere with your smartphone. whether it is an iPhone or Android smart device. The smart function will work as long as you have an internet connection.
The ability of Mrcool to alert you when the refrigerant level is low. It helps you to have your AC for a long time and it prevents the compressor from being damaged. While maintaining a high air comfort.
Sleep operating mode ensures that you have 24-hour comfort. Saving you money and energy. And lets you sleep a little easier.
Low ambient temperature.
Low ambient temperature cooling down to 5*F, make mrcool DIY an ideal system. For saver rooms, greenhouses and any other applications that require cooling all year.
Digital assistant ready
Monitoring your AC in addition to the smartphone mobile app, it is configured to fully work with google assistant and Amazon Alexa.
Gold fin condenser
If you live in an area that is prone to corrosion. You are covered. This unit is built to resist corrosion for a long period of time
In case of power outages, your AC will automatically restart when the electric power is restored.
Mitsubishi,12000 BTU ductless mini-split heat pump.
The Mitsubishi 12000 BTU ductless mini-split heat pump. It is a one-zone air conditioner designed to provide you with cooling and heating needs throughout the year. This air conditioner does this by incorporating cooling, heating and dehumidification modes to a single selected zone.
The benefits of using this air conditioner.
- Your air conditioner incorporates multiple units in one system. As a result, you can control the temperature of the room to suit your flavor.
2. It has four modes of operation, being.
- Cool mode
- Heat mode
- Dry mode
- Auto mode
The auto mode allows you to experience the best comfort you can. From the Mitsubishi air conditioner. This unit detects the difference between the temperature of your room and the temperature of the unit. Then it automatically selects the best operating mode. This allows you not to worry about overheating or freezing your self.
3. This unit is an energy saver, it does this by using the inverter technology and eco mode. The inverter technology allows the compressor to maintain a constant set temperature. Hence eliminating the fluctuation with the operating temperature. The eco mode is useful when you want to set the operating temperature a little higher without sacrificing comfort.
4. You can control the AC from anywhere within the set zone using a handheld remote controller.
Things to look out for in a mini-split air conditioner.
- The line set is not included, it is needed for proper installation. It should be bought separately.
2. This AC requires a professional installer.
Benefits of using a mini-split air conditioning system.
- A mini-split air conditioner eliminates the need to install ductwork. Ductwork is common in the central heating system.
- Cool air comes directly from the indoor unit that is mounted in the zone that you either want to cool or heat. As a result, less air loss due to longer travel distances. This makes the mini-split system energy efficient.
- They are quiet in operation, that is, they do not produce a lot of noise.
- Easy to install.Very simple and robust installation that makes your home look clean at all times.
- This system allows you to regulate your home throughout the year. It does this by providing you with heat during winter and cool air in summer.
- You can easily control your heat pump from any position within the room, with handheld remote control. Advanced modern models come with wifi, as a result, you can control your AC from anywhere using a smartphone.
Common air conditioning terms.
AIR FILTER: This prevents dust and contaminants from clogging the indoor unit.
AIR PURIFIER: This product is designed to remove pollutants, bacterias, and odors from the air in the home.
SPLIT SYSTEM: This is an air conditioning system that has two units, one inside and the other outside.
OUTDOOR UNIT: This is the part of an air conditioning system that is mounted outside. It comprises of the compressor, propeller fan, circuit board, and heat exchange coil.
INDOOR UNIT: The air conditioning part that is mounted inside your house. This unit contains the heat exchange coil, filter, remote control signal receiver, and fan.
THERMOSTAT: The device that regulates the temperature inside your home.
HEAT PUMP: This is a name given to an air conditioning system that is able to cool and heat your home.
REFRIGERANT. This is the liquid that transfers heat energy between the indoor and outdoor units. nowaday, non-ozone-depleting refrigerants are widely in use. Like R 32 and R 410A.
Should you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comment box.